There were times when I had to send up to 10 faxes a week to my foreign co-workers and the absence a fax machine was definitely a big problem. A solution came from Fax Machine, a program that enabled me to send and receive as many faxes as I needed, without using an actual fax machine.
The great thing about this application is that it only requires a connected scanner, a modem and you're set to go. You can also load PDF files or pictures on your PC and send them via fax.
Fax Machine will help you keep track of all sent and received faxes, forward any received fax by e-mail, resend faxes, save log files to know the exact timestamp for every sent/received fax and so on. An aspect that I don't appreciate about this program is that it saves faxes only to PDF and TIFF formats.
In addition, when loading files from your computer, you can't change the image position on the paper; you can only rotate it or apply invert and mirror effects.
Yet, if you need to send an urgent fax and you only have a scanner and a modem, Fax Machine proves to be a good choice, at a reasonable price.
- Intuitive interface.
- You can keep track of all sent/received faxes.
- Available in many languages.
- You can forward fax by e-mail once received
- Unable to move the pictures once loaded.
- You can use only the Windows Contacts, Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird address books.
- You can save the faxes only to PDF or TIFF files